卡住怎么辦?這些說法幫你“解卡"!
有時候話講到一半就突然卡住了,可能是你忘了接下去要說啥,也有可能你一下子找不著詞了,今天我們來看看如何沉著應對“卡住”的時刻,教你如何“解卡”!
1.?What’s?the?word?I’m?looking?for?
What’s?the?word/phrase/expression?I’m?looking?for?:?什么詞、說法能最貼切地表達我的意思?
“What?am?I?trying?to?say?”?might?make?you?sound?clueless:?“What?am?I?trying?to?say?”讓人感覺你自己也不知道自己在說什么
What's?the?word?I'm?looking?for??Don’t?remind?me/Don’t?tell?me:?我想說什么來著?別提醒我
It?shows?that?you?really?care:?說這句話表明你很認真的在思考
When?you?use?this?phrase,?you're?also?not?expecting?an?answer,?but?asking?yourself?instead:?說這句話通常不是真的在提問,?而是在給自己時間過渡
2.?How?should?I?put?it?
How?should?I?put?it?:?怎么表達最恰當?
This?phrase?shows?that?you’re?looking?for?the?best?expression:?這句話讓人感覺你是在尋找最恰當的表達方式
It?also?gives?aheads-upthat?you’re?about?to?say?something?that?might?be?a?bittrickyto?explain:?同時也提醒對方,你接下來要講的內容是比較復雜的
3.?It’s?on?the?tip?of?my?tongue
It’s?on?the?tip?of?my?tongue:?我想說的就在嘴邊
tip?of?my?tongue:舌頭邊
“The?tip?of?my?tongue”?is?such?a?great?image,?as?if?the?word?is?hiding?on?the?tip?of?your?tongue?and?it?wants?to?he?heard:?“The?tip?of?my?tongue”特別形象,好像詞真的就在你舌尖,馬上就要蹦出來一樣
4.?I?just?had?it
如果前一秒還記得,但突然忘了要說的,可以說:
I?just?had?it:?我剛才還記得的
可以用“I?forgot”嗎?
"I?forgot"?is?in?the?same?category?as?“What?am?I?trying?to?say?”:?“I?forgot”跟“What?am?I?trying?to?say?”一樣,都不是最佳的填充對話空白的方式
It?make?you?sound?lazy?and?uninterested:?因為這個說法讓你顯得心不在焉
It?shows?that?you’re?not?actively?engaging?in?the?conversation:?給人你不是很想聊天的感覺
5.?It’s?just?not?coming?to?me
如果你想了半天還是想不起來要說的,可以說:
It’s?just?not?coming?to?me:?這個詞就是怎么都想不起來啊
This?is?a?very?good?alternative?of?“I?forgot”:?這個聽起來比“I?forgot”好多了
也可以說:
It?slipped?my?mind:?我疏忽了、忘了
If?something?slipped?your?mind,?you?most?likely?forgot?about?it?or?forgot?to?do?it:?這個詞組表示把某件事給忘了,并不是說腦子卡殼一下子想不起來
“It’s?Father’s?Day??It?completely?slipped?my?mind”:?今天是父親節??我徹底給忘了
6.?Just?give?me?a?sec
如果需要時間組織語言,直說也可以:
Just?give?me?a?second:?容我想一想
冗長乏味的陳述經常會讓溝通變得困難,這時候一些實用的短語就可以幫你扭轉局面.
Basically
說這個詞的時候就是在暗示對方,細節的東西就不再說了,馬上要說的是最核心和重要的內容,需要引起注意:
Basically:?主要地,基本上
Basically,?her?job?is?to?deal?with?foreign?customers.?基本上,她的工作就是負責國外客戶。
Overall
下面這個詞表示細節上好的壞的不一一羅列,而是從總體上給一個結論:
Overall:?全部地,總的來說
Overall,?I?was?disappointed?with?the?result.?總的來說,我對這個結果非常失望。
For?the?mostpart
另外一個有些相似的短語是:
For?the?most?part:?總體來說
For?the?most?part,?Paul?is?a?good?student.?總的來說,Paul是個好學生。
In?any?case
當談話有一些跑題,你想把話題拉回正軌,可以用這個短語:
In?any?case:?無論如何,總之
In?any?case,?I’ll?see?you?this?evening.?無論如何,我今晚會去見你。
Boils?down?to
這個短語非常地形象,就像沸騰時蒸汽都蒸發掉了,只剩下最重要的東西:
It?all?boils?down?to:?歸根結底,歸結于
The?issue?really?boils?down?to?whether?customers?will?be?willing?to?pay?more?for?the?same?product?or?not.這個問題歸根結底就在于客戶愿不愿意花更多的錢買相同的東西。
Long?story?short
這個短語易學易記,和中文里的表達也非常地對應:
Long?story?short:?長話短說
如果你不想講述得太詳細:
I?won’t?bore?you,?long?story?short,?we?had?a?great?time.?不想讓你覺得無聊,我就長話短說吧,我們那天玩的很開心。
如果別人一直在滔滔不絕,你可以說:
Tom,?just?make?long?story?short.?Tom,長話短說吧。
In?short
和口語相比,這個短語在書面表達上更加常用,寫作或是比較正式的時候可以用到:
In?short:?總之,簡而言之
In?short,?they?continue?to?meet?at?regular?intervals.?總而言之,他們繼續定期舉行會議。
In?a?nutshell
另外一個非常口語而且非常可愛的表達是:
In?a?nutshell:?簡而言之,nutshell是堅果殼。
Just?give?it?to?me?in?a?nutshell.?說得簡潔一點吧。
All?in?all
最后也是一個使用頻率很高的短語:
All?in?all:?總而言之
There?were?ups?and?downs,?but?all?in?all,?it?was?good.?雖然有一些起起伏伏,但是總而言之還是挺好的。